Honda Amaze 2018 Launched For INR 5.59 Lakh
Honda had amazed us with the introduction of its diesel engine in the first gen Amaze. Now in 2018 we are yet again amazed by the pricing of the Honda Amaze which is priced competitively to the Maruti Dzire. Honda Amaze 2018 begins at INR 5.59 (ex-showroom) and the Dzire costs INR 5.56 (ex-showroom) so strategically Honda has pulled off what no other manufacturer could. If you ask why then you need to look at the warranty and extended warranty offered by Honda, that is an unrealistic offer from a large scale manufacturer like Honda in India. This reflects the Honda’s commitment towards its Indian customers.
- At an introductory price: 5,59,900 onwards (All India Ex-Showroom)
- India – First country to launch the 2nd Generation Honda Amaze
- Introduces Industry First Advanced Diesel CVT in the Indian market
- One Class Above Premium Sedan in terms of Design, Space, Comfort and Drivability
- 3–years Unlimited Km warranty as standard value with all new Amaze
Honda today launched its much awaited All–New 2nd Generation Honda Amaze in the Indian market. Built on an all new platform, the 2nd generation Amaze incorporates Honda’s spirit of innovation in research and development aiming to delight the customers. The car offers One Class Above premium experience with its all new bold design, sophisticated & spacious interior, more efficient powertrain, outstanding driving dynamics, advanced features and safety technologies.
The all-new Amaze features the First in Industry Diesel CVT Technology in the Indian market, offering powerful and effortless driving experience. This is Honda’s first diesel engine combined with advanced CVT, and India will be the first market to launch this technology.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Gaku Nakanishi, President & CEO, Honda Cars India said, “The All New Amaze has been developed keeping the needs and aspirations of Indian customers in mind. It is a big promise from Honda and we are confident that the All New Amaze will become one of the strongest pillar of HCIL business. This model will create new excitement in the segment and will provide us opportunity to expand our business across markets. In line with our commitment to offer latest technologies to the Indian consumers, Amaze comes with advanced Diesel CVT which is Honda’s first such technology in the world and also an industry first in the Indian market.”
The All-New 2nd Generation Honda Amaze has been developed at Honda R&D Asia Pacific Co. Ltd. following extensive market surveys with an aim to exceed the needs and aspirations of Indian customers. India, a key market for Honda globally, is the first country to launch the All-New Amaze.
The model has been developed under the grand concept of ’Amazing Compact Limousine’ represented by its sleek solid design, overwhelming cabin and cargo space within 4 metres and outstanding driving performance with comfortable ride.
The all-new Amaze features a premium and sensational design. In accordance with its exterior concept of ‘Dauntless Solid’, the aggressive long nose seamlessly integrates with sleek and spacious cabin expressing a premium sedan form.
|– Honda’s signature Solid Wing Face
– Headlamp integrated Signature LED Position lights
– Front Fog lamps
– Power adjustable and Power folding ORVM with LED turn indicators
|– Shark Fin Antenna
– Multi Spoke Stylish R15 Alloy Wheel
– Premium Rear Combi Lamps
The Amaze interiors are designed to achieve comfort beyond its class. The 2nd generation Amaze even surpasses the highly spacious cabin of the previous model, especially for the rear seat, providing a more comfortable ride and a premium feeling. The car offers a host of equipment for comfort, convenience and entertainment for the Indian customers.
|– Aesthetically designed instrument panel
– Multi-functional Steering wheel with audio, voice command, hands free and cruise control
– White illumination meter design for high readability and premium feel with Advanced Multi Information Display
– 1st in segment F1 inspired Paddle Shift (for Petrol CVT)
– Cruise Control
– Auto AC
– Honda’s Smart Entry System with touch sensor based unlock system
|– 17.7cm Advanced Touchscreen Infotainment with Audio, Video and Navigation system – Digipad 2.0 with Blue Tooth Audio, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ and rear camera display
– Smart Cabin Storage in front & rear doors and central console
– Rear Armrest with cupholders
– Push Button Start/ Stop with Welcome illumination
– Tilt Steering
– Driver Seat Height Adjust
The All New Amaze adopts the best of Honda’s powertrains to achieve a perfect balance of performance and fuel economy. This is the first time that Honda is using a CVT with a diesel engine. The CVT is highly compatible with the wide torque band of the diesel engine to offer fun and sporty driving. It also offers better, smoother, and more linear acceleration and greater shift control.
As per test data
|1.2L i-VTEC (Petrol)||5MT||90PS@6000 rpm||110 Nm @ 4800 rpm||MT – 19.5 kmpl|
|CVT||CVT – 19.0 kmpl|
|1.5L i-DTEC (Diesel)||5MT||100PS@3600 rpm||200 Nm @1750 rpm||MT – 27.4 kmpl|
|CVT(New introduced)||80PS@3600 rpm||160 Nm@1750 rpm||CVT – 23.8 kmpl|
The all new Honda Amaze is longer and wider to provide class above passenger space. It measures 3995 mm (5 mm longer than its predecessor) and 1695 mm in width (15 mm wider). With its wheelbase of 2470mm (65mm more than its predecessor), efficient use of space has been made for both driver and occupants to create a spacious cabin interior. The Amaze has segment best trunk capacity of 420L which is 20L more than the outgoing model.
|Length||Width||Height||Wheelbase||Ground Clearance||Boot space|
|3995 mm||1695 mm||1501 mm||2470 mm||170 mm*||420 L|
*Minimum ground clearance mentioned is in unloaded condition
The All New Amaze offers outstanding stability and ride comfort which has been achieved with the extended wheelbase, new steering system and advanced suspension system.
- Mac-Pherson strut front suspension.
- Torsion beam rear suspension
The Collision performance in a front, rear, or side collision has been further enhanced by the new ACE body structure.
The All New Amaze offers top class Noise Vibration performance which was has been achieved by:
- Improved overall soundproof package
- Reduction in engine sound radiation
- Newly developed engine block
- Optimisation of engine mount design
- Changing of Engine Head cover material
The All New Amaze is equipped with a wide range of Honda’s active and passive safety technologies, which are offered as standard equipment across all variants.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACETM) Body Structure
- Dual SRS front airbags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Impact mitigating front head rest
- 3-Point ELR Seat Belt Pretentioner with Load Limiter
- ISO FIXChild Seat Anchorage
- Pedestrian injury mitigation technology
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Head impact protection interior
- Driver’s seat belt reminder
The All New 2nd Generation Honda Amaze is available in 4 grades offered in petrol and diesel variants – E, S, V and VX with Manual Transmission. Additionally, the model is also available in CVT in S and V variants in both fuel options.
The Amaze is available in a choice of 5 exterior colours – Radiant Red Metallic (new introduction), Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Golden Brown Metallic and White Orchid Pearl.
Sales, Service and Warranty
Deliveries of the All New Honda Amaze will begin immediately from the HCIL dealer network of 353 facilities in 241 cities across the country. The All New Honda Amaze will offer complete peace of mind with its best in class warranty and Low Cost of Maintenance.
- 3 years / Unlimited Kilometers warranty as standard
- Extended Warranty for additional two years / Unlimited kilometers
- Service interval of 1 year/ 10,000km whichever is earlier
- Low cost of maintenance: 3-year Annual Maintenance Package with an average cost of Rs 3500 for Petrol and Rs 4900 for Diesel per year.
Prices Ex-showroom across India
|E MT||5,59,900||E MT||6,69,900|
|S MT||6,49,900||S MT||7,59,900|
|V MT||7,09,900||V MT||8,19,900|
|VX MT||7,57,900||VX MT||8,67,900|
|S CVT||7,39,900||S CVT||8,39,900|
|V CVT||7,99,900||V CVT||8,99,900|