Mercedes-Benz India, launched the AMG S 63 Coupé priced for INR 2.55 Crore (ex-showroom Delhi)
The new Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupé boasts of technical and visual highlights with a more powerful engine and a distinct look
Mercedes-Benz India launched the Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupé. The two-door Coupé is powered by 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine with twin-scroll turbochargers, producing 450 kW of power and 900 Nm of torque, which accelerates the vehicle from stand still to 100 in mere 3.5 seconds. The new 4.0-litre engine installed in the vehicle is churns out 20 kW more power from its predecessor, which hosted a 5.5-litre engine. The Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupé is launched by Mr. Michael Jopp, VP Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India.
- The new 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine supersedes the previous 5.5-litre V8 biturbo engine yet produces 20 kW more power | 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine with twin-scroll turbochargers producing 450 kW of power and 900 Nm of torque, accelerating from stand still to 100 in mere 3.5 seconds with a top speed of 300 km/h (Electronically controlled)
- Agility and efficiency at the same time, thanks to the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9G transmission and cylinder deactivation system
- New-design front with Panamericana radiator grille, giving this two-door performance vehicle an even more liberated look
- Those who seek further exclusivity can additionally customize this car with the our renowned ‘designo’ individualization selections
- Mercedes-Benz India now offers 15 AMG models in the country
- The new Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupé is priced at INR 2.55 crore ex-showroom, all India
Technical specifications of the Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupé
|Performance Data||Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupé|
|Engine arrangement/cylinders||4.0-litre V-8 with direct injection, biturbo forced induction and cylinder deactivation|
|Power||450 kW @ 5500-6000 rpm|
|Torque||900 Nm @ 2750-4500 rpm|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||3.5 seconds|
|Top Speed||Electronically limited to 300 km/h with AMG Driver’s package|
Key product highlights:
- ‘AMG Cylinder Management’ cylinder deactivation system
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9G transmission
- AMG speed-sensitive steering
- AMG RIDE CONTROL+ suspension with variable damper control
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT driving modes: Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Individual
- Controllable AMG Performance exhaust system: The S 63 Coupé is fitted as standard with the controllable AMG Performance exhaust system to ensure an even more emotionally appealing sound experience. The infinitely adjustable flaps modulate the exhaust note authentically and directly. The flaps open or close dependent on the selected AMG DYNAMIC SELECT driving mode, but can also be controlled individually with a separate button in the AMG DRIVE UNIT on the centre console
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs
Radar based Driving Assistance Features
Over and above the multifold safety features that come as standard, the S 63 Coupé comes with optional safety technology: a new radar-based driving assistance system which reduce the risk of accidents and enhance the protection of occupants as well as other road users, and of course, can take the strain off the driver within the respective system limits.
Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC: Controls the distance to vehicles in front up to a speed of 210 km/h and if necessary brakes the vehicle with up to 50 per cent of the maximum braking power.
Active Steering Assist: At speeds up to 210 km/h, Active Steering Assist helps the driver keep the vehicle in the centre of its lane on straight stretches of road or slight bends.
Active Braking Assist: The emergency braking function can help to avoid or lessen the consequences of accidents with vehicles in front and pedestrians.
Blind Spot Assist: It can warn the driver of vehicles in the blind spot during a lane change.
Michael Jopp, VP Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India said, “With the launch of Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coupé, we are further strengthening our lead in the Performance and Dream Car line-up in India. With the vision of evolving continuously, it is our perpetual effort to bring in new technology and elements of luxury in our existing vehicles. The new AMG S 63 Coupé hosts breakthrough technology and enhanced appearance, which sets a benchmark in the segment, and makes it even more desirable. The launch of new S 63 Coupé is a strategic decision after the introduction of new S-Class, which received a great response from its customers, and we are confident that the vehicle will entice our Mercedes-AMG enthusiasts and enhance our loyal fan base.”
Mr. Jopp further added, “Our strategy for Mercedes-AMG in India is to expand the performance segment and we have been highly successful in it. From the range starting 43 AMG, the 45 AMG to the top of the order 63 AMGs and the GT range, we have a wide array of AMG offering for our patrons. Also, with 7 unique AMG Performance Centers spread across key AMG markets, Mercedes-AMG has an unsurpassable market presence. A high degree of customisation options and introduction of innovative AMG Pit stops, ensure we offer them a delightful and exclusive ownership experience”